Level 4 & 5 Diploma in Cyber Security
The QUALIFI Level 4/5 Diploma in Cyber Security is made up of 10 modules and 240 credits. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments.
The Level 4 Qualification provides the fundamental knowledge of the cyber security and risk management sector for the student so that they can develop the cyber security skills required to further achieve their opportunities in academics and in career. It consists of 6 modules including 5 mandatory units and 1 elective unit which takes 6 months to complete and carries 120 credits in total.
Upon the successful completion of the level 4 qualification, the student can proceed to Qualifi Level 5 Diploma academically. The employment opportunities related to level 4 qualification are positions such as Security Consultant, IT Security Analyst, Ethical Hackers, Computer Forensics, Penetration Tester, and Security Systems Administrator.
The Level 5 Qualification identifies and evaluates practical ways to protect people and organisations from cyber-attacks, data breaches and the consequential impacts. It consists of 4 modules which are all mandatory and it should take 6 months to complete the level 5 Diploma. The level 5 Diploma carries 120 credits in total.
Upon the successful completion of the level 5 qualification, the student can proceed to Level 6 University Degree (Top-Up) course academically. The employment opportunities related to level 5 qualification are positions such as Security Consultant, IT Security Analyst, Ethical Hackers, Computer Forensics, Penetration Tester, and Security Systems Administrator.
The complete programme itself is made up of 10 interactive modules and written assignments, with approximately 40 guided learning hours per module. All modules have an additional 30-50 learning hours of optional materials that comprise of recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises. You will also have access to 24/7 support, tutoring, and a variety of other support mechanisms.
- The ability to read and utilise relevant technical and security literature (including threat intelligence feeds) with a full understanding; the ability to think independently and solve potential overarching cyber security issues within a business or organisation.
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems in the cyber security and digital risk management domains.
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct, including in relation to conducting investigations, audits and incident responses.
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of cyber security within business and service provision and wider operating environments and supply chains.
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way; engage in credible debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists in relation to cyber security related issues and challenges.
- Transferable skills and knowledge – including Project Management and Incident Response – which will enable individuals to meet changing environments and risks.
- Motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
- Instil and embed a sense of understanding and respect of the global nature of the cyber threat environment; as well as the criticality of respecting, anticipating, and learning from diverse, international business practices and the global operating context.
Level 4 Content
Cyber Security Threat and Risk
Cyber security breaches cause significant personal and organisational damage and pose a clear and present risk to business profitability and resilience.
Network Security and Data Communications
In this unit the learner will look at the component parts of digital communications and interoperability with IT networks, hardware, firmware and software components.
Database Security and Computer Programming
Database security concerns the use of a broad range of information security controls to protect databases (potentially including the data, the database applications or stored functions, the database systems, the database servers and the associated network links) against compromises of their confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Incident Response, Investigations and Forensics
In this unit the learner will examine Incident Response, Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTS), and events requiring investigative techniques.
Security Strategy: Laws, Policies, and Implementation
Knowing how to build a cyber defence strategy, what legal tools require consideration, how policies can be written and embedded, are all vital ingredients to successful in-house cyber security practices.
Cyber Security Threats and Risk: Banking and Finance
In this unit the learner will look at banking and financial services in relation to cyber security threats and risks and the potential methods to mitigate and lessen organisational vulnerability to cyber security attacks.
Level 5 Content
The process of encrypting and decrypting information forms the basis of much computer, device and network security.
Digital Investigations and Forensics
This unit describes and explains how to conduct investigations with cyber-enabled equipment, including on public-internet-facing networks, or other network environments.
Communications and Incident Management
The professional and lawful response to managing an incident can be the difference between company survival or otherwise.
In order for an organisation to be more cyber secure, leadership across employee and stakeholder networks is required to be delivered by the C-Suite. However, what happens if the C-Suite either doesn’t listen or doesn’t understand the Tier One threat posed by information security vulnerabilities.
You are eligible if you meet our stipulated entry requirements.
Total Programme Fee
The fee for enrolling onto the Level 4 & 5 (combined) course is £3500.
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Credit or debit card
- Bank transfer
- Interest free monthly instalments
- Western Union
Total Fee £3500
Flexible monthly payment plan
Reserve a seat £600
Refundable in the event of not being able to fulfill the minimum program requirements.