The English IGCSE is an internationally recognised qualification that is designed to develop a good understanding of language, punctuation, types of writing, literature, and the writer’s purpose behind writing.
- The aims of this course are to provide students with a solid, in depth understanding of concepts such as language use, subject terminology, punctuation and writer’s purpose, across an array of different text types. This will familiarise students with the different types of texts and therefore should help to develop skills, such as the ability to evaluate, identify and analyse.
- In this course the types of texts students will be faced with range from poetry, creative writing, and letters, so that they get to experience all of the different types of text they will need to know in order to pass their IGCSE exam.
- The English IGCSE will have a series of both multiple choice, research and essay-based assessments.
The contents of this course are covered over 5 modules, all of which contain an assessment upon completion to help test and cement the student’s knowledge and understanding. Therefore, giving students the best chance of passing an IGCSE qualification in a flexible and affordable manner.
The typical age at which people choose to complete the IGCES’s is 14 to 16, but anyone over the age of 14 can enrol onto this course. You also do not need any previous qualifications to be eligible for this course.
This course comes as part of a package where access to 4 IGCSEs is given for the price of £1500, these include English, Physics, Maths and Business Studies.
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Credit or debit card
- Bank transfer
- Interest free monthly instalments
- Western Union
Total Fee £1500
Flexible monthly payment plan
Reserve a seat £600
Refundable in the event of not being able to fulfill the minimum program requirements.
What is Included in The Cost of My Course?
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Personal tutor support with online sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online community learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com
Approximately 6 months before an exam date, Students should book their place at an exam centre to take the English (Specification B Paper 1 Paper code: 4EB1/01) exam.
The exam centre could be a be a private exam centre or a school or college that is also submitting its own students for the exam.
Edexcel publish a list of exam centres that accept private candidates. This won’t cover every available centre, so if there’s nothing shown in your area, we recommend contacting local schools and colleges directly.
Exam fees are not included in the course cost as they are paid directly to the exam centre. They will vary depending on which centre you choose.
English core skills
The module covers the basic English skills that you will need in order to complete the rest of the course successfully. There are no specific questions on spelling and punctuation in the examination, but you will be expected to punctuate and spell correctly, as well as write good, grammatical English
This module covers questions that are designed to assess reading comprehension (AO1: the ability to read with understanding and select information in an appropriate way from the passages). Questions will be asked on passages which are linked by their theme or subject matter.
Writing to specific guidelines
This section tests your ability to write, according to clear guidelines, in response to material that will appear on the examination paper.
Writing reviews, blogs and articles
Reviews come in all shapes and sizes and these days, and online reviews can even make or break a business. For the purposes of the exam we will be looking at longer reviews, rather than the short ones found on review sites like Trustpilot.
Writing Styles and Exam Prep
This module covers some specific formats involved in transactional writing including instructions, reports, letters, reviews, blogs, articles and leaflets.
Upon completion of this course, students will have the foundations and fundamental knowledge needed in order to study A levels or a Level 3 qualification with Livwrpool Colleges.